Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chai and Introductions

As part of the school days the teachers have a ritual tea break at 10:30 every morning. The tea they drink is chai (Kelsey, you would be happy!); however, this chai was more like having a little tea with a very large amount of milk and sugar. Very good in small amounts. They also have mandazi or fried dough. I met a number of the teachers. It will be challenging to remember all of their names, I didn't even get introduced to all of them as they all seem to welcome you profusely, but to never tell you their name. My name is very funny thus far. For some reason Tanzanians seem to add "ie" to many English words that do not have that ending, and yet my name, which ends in an "ie" is pronounced "Stephan" or, if I am lucky, "Stephania".

No comments:

Post a Comment