Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter eggs

In preparation for Easter Sunday, Jenny (a friend from Australia) and I decided to try to dye Easter eggs.  Having always used the dying kits that are available in the USA, it was a bit of an experiment.  I found green, red and orange food coloring in the cupboard, but to make the blue, I used my cheese draining kanga.  With some squeezing and some warm water, I was able to create a blue dye.  After testing several eggs, we invited 2 of the kids on campus to come over and dye their first Easter eggs.  Goodhope and Oprah lowered their eggs carefully in their chosen dye, checking to see when they reached the perfect color.  They were thrilled to see the final collection of brightly colored Easter eggs. 

Helping Oprah to lower her egg into the dye.


Goodhope, with her little sister on her back, puts her egg in the dye.


Finished and ready for Easter.
Look at those beautiful colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment